Blue Ice Bluebird Evo Ice Axe
A lightweight classic ice axe designed for steep snow slopes, icy couloirs and ski alpinism.
The Bluebird Evo ice axe is a classic tool designed with performance in mind. It is optimized for very steep snow slopes and icy couloirs where moving light and fast is essential. The tool’s head and spike are hot forged to maximize strength. They feature a special surface treatment to prevent rust, and are finished by hand. The curved shaft increases clearance when climbing over bergschrunds, and improves the grip of the pick. The ergonomic head offers a comfortable hold, while the improved pick design maximizes penetration and grip on hard ice. The angled spike is optimized for downhill travel. Both the head and spike feature a large eyelet that can easily accommodate a carabiner. The aircraft-grade anodized aluminum shaft is sandblasted for improved grip. The Bluebird Evo ice axe is the ultimate tool for long and technical alpine routes that require a lightweight tool with a powerful bite on technical snow slopes or vertical ice.
- Hot forged head and spike
- Ergonomic head shape
- Curved shaft
- Anti-corrosion surface treatment
- Aircraft grade anodized, sandblasted aluminum shaft
- Angled spike
- Large eyelet on the spike and head
- Weight: 400g (45cm); 430g (49cm) / 450g (54cm) / 480g (60cm)
- Conform to the CE / EN 13 089 ice axes certification
- Forged in Switzerland, Assembled in France
Write Your Own Review