Delivery and returns information
Shipping and delivery
Shipping in Canada
You ordered it. And you want it - now! We know how you feel – it's cool gear that you can't wait to get your hands on. We’re happy to offer the following options for delivery:
- All parcels are shipped via Canada Post in 5-10 business days. We offer FREE ground shipping on most orders over $50 with a few exceptions.
- Skis and Heavy items ship for $40 per item (or pair of skis) to any Canadian address.
- Regular shipping is not available for canoes, kayaks, Stand-Up Paddleboards, or other over-sized items. When you order any of these items online there will be no charge for shipping at checkout. Our customer service team will contact you once the order has been placed and we shall arrange the most cost effective and convenient delivery or pick up. Any payment for delivery will be required before the item is shipped.
- Special order items require payment for postage.
- Shipping to PO Boxes is via Canada Post only.
- If you require expedited shipping please contact our Customer Service team and we will be happy to help you out.
Can I pick up my order at a store?
If you live locally, or if you are planning a visit, we would love to have you come pick up your items at our stores. If you would like to request a pick-up, please contact our Customer Service Team to arrange a time.
What taxes do I have to pay?
All Canadian sales are subject to the sales taxes of the destination province. Within Canada Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Quebec customers are responsible to self-assess the PST on their sale and remit the tax to their home province.
Shipping to the USA
All parcels are shipped to the USA via Expedited Parcel or Xpresspost. Boats, Skis, Dangerous Goods, Heavy Goods and other items as noted cannot be shipped to the USA. While orders shipped to the USA are not charged Canadian taxes, they are subject to possible import duties, taxes, and customs processing fees. The Customer is responsible for paying these and any additional fees.
True Outdoors is unable to provide estimates for customs fees. Please view the US Customs & Border Protection internet purchases guideline for further information.
Returns and exchanges
We understand how difficult it is to buy your outdoor apparel online: fit is everything, and if it doesn't fit when it arrives, why risk it? Well, in the case that you are not happy with your purchase, not only will we offer you an exchange or full refund if the goods are returned to True Outdoors within 30 days of purchase, but the return shipping cost is on us.
Items must be in NEW condition and still have their tags attached. SALE items are not eligible for a refund, and ALL sales on Climbing Gear are final.
How do I get started on my Return?
First, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a Return Request. Once your Return Request has been submitted you will receive an email with your return shipping label and all return shipping instructions. Or if you live close by, simply drop at one of our stores and bring your original receipt, along with the goods you wish to return with tags attached.
How long will it take before I get my refund?
We will process your refund within 2 business days of the time we receive your order back. The money can take 3-5 days to settle back on your card, if you haven’t seen it on your statement after a week, please feel free to contact us!
Can I Exchange my item?
Certainly! Simply follow the item return procedure above, and immediately place an order for the correct size and or colour online to avoid delays. Once we receive the incorrect item back, we will credit the account on your method of payment.
*Returns – USA
True Outdoors is unable to offer free return shipping for our American customers. To return, goods must be shipped prepaid, by insured ground shipping through the US Postal Service. Please ensure that you include the original customs declaration paperwork that arrived with your order, and write "Return of Canadian Goods" on your parcel. Then, take it to the post office and ship it to:
749B Notre Dame Dr., Kamloops BC, V2C 5N8, Canada.
Any applicable refund will be processed when your package arrives at our warehouse in refundable condition (NEW condition with tags attached).